FREE ECONOMIC ZONE (FEZ)
FREE ECONOMIC ZONE (FEZ) is a part of the territory of the Republic of Belarus with preferential economic conditions for national or foreign entrepreneurs. Enterprises-residents of FEZ pay 40% less taxes and fees in comparison with other enterprises.
FEZ "MINSK" was established in March 1998 with the aim of attracting domestic and foreign investments, creating and developing production facilities based on new and high technologies, providing favorable conditions for the economic development of Minsk and the Minsk region.
The administration of the FEZ "Minsk" manages the FEZ "Minsk" and is the registering body, working in the mode of full support of the investor to resolve all its issues (in the "one window" mode).
During its activity, the free economic zone Minsk has become the leading industrial center and attracted investments worth more than 2 billion US dollars.
Today we are the most "business-active" free economic zone, out of six existing in the Republic of Belarus. We are also the most favorable place for effective industrial production and business in Belarus.
1. High concentration of the business community, key international representative offices and organizations.
2. The developed network of roads and railways, namely, the territory of Belarus is crossed by 2 trans-European transport corridors: 1) II (West-East) connecting Germany, Poland, Belarus and Russia; 2) IX (North-South) connects Finland, Lithuania, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria and Greece.
3. National Airport Minsk is the international airport, the largest in terms of traffic volumes on the territory of Belarus.
4. An important factor is the huge and highly qualified human resources. In Minsk there are 32 universities and 33 secondary specialized educational institutions. The average salary for the republic is about 840 rubles, which, in terms of US dollars, is $ 420.
- at the moment more than 110 residents are registered in the FEZ "Minsk";
- 39 modern plants were built and reconstructed from the moment of FEZ "Minsk" formation;
- 12 enterprises are under construction and 12 are at the design stage;
- companies from 23 countries of the world have invested in business in the territory of the FEZ "Minsk": the main investing countries are Russia, Cyprus, Great Britain, Germany, Estonia, Latvia, USA;
- 67 countries on different continents import products produced by enterprises-residents of the FEZ "Minsk".
location of production must be within the boundaries of the free economic zone "Minsk".